Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Tried And Tested: Facial Acupuncture Rehauls Your Skin Inside And Out

In the field of acupuncture we practice different methods such as cupping, which increases blood flow and circulation. This can improve the appearance of fine lines and increase the elasticity of collagen. The following article discusses how one woman tried acupuncture and cupping in lieu of traditional cosmetic procedures. I thought it was an interesting read and I hope you do as well. 


I’ve had acupuncture before but never in my face. And I’m not crazy about needles, but as long as I can’t see them I’ll be fine, I reason. (Because they’ll be in my face, right?)
Hence I’m unsure of what to expect when I arrive for my acupuncture rejuvenation facial at London’s Corinthia Hotel, but I’m guessing it’s along the lines of a few painless jabs before being left in a dark room while mandolin music of some description plays.
As it turns out, it’s not like that at all, but luckily ESPA Life’s James Mutkin leaves no stone unturned in talking me through what’s about to happen and more importantly, what it all means.
facial acupuncture
Acupuncture can be used on the face as well as the body (file picture)
Ancient Chinese medicine, James tells me, is designed to rectify ailments internally, not just topically.

To read more:

No comments:

Post a Comment